"There are only two ways to live your life. One as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." -Albert Einstein

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I Thirst Thursday

There is hunger for ordinary bread, and there is hunger for love, for kindness, for thoughtfulness, and this is the great poverty that makes people suffer so much.
--Mother Teresa

Everyone has a story. I didn't realize that until I was in my early 30's and I had felt some sort of pettiness toward a friend. It was a silly thing and I was irritated with her. A couple of days later I found out that one of her children had died of sids before I met her. It brought me to my knees. How could I, in my self absorption, add to one person's grief.

I learned in that moment of clarity that every one of us has a story. We all have our own private griefs and sorrows. Do we want to add to someone's sorrow today or lift them up with kindness?

Kindness--God's love in your hands to give to your neighbor. Don't be stingy--Give it away.

No comments:

Post a Comment